Baaah, says the goat before giving up her milk for this Strawberry Ice Cream.
I have never made ice cream before using goat’s milk. I do love goat cheese (try my Rosemary and the Goat cheese appetizer — that’s what our site is named after).
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and to start it off right, try this strawberry ice cream and have your guest saying “not baaaaad”. We are doing a Mexican theme this year with pulled pork tacos with grilled pineapple, roasted Serrano and jalapeno peppers, tamale casserole, corn and black bean salad and a lot of other good things. This ice cream may be making an appearance. That is, if there is any left by Monday’s party.
Today when I decided to give the goat’s milk a try in my strawberry ice cream, I wasn’t really sure I was going to like the flavor of the milk. It turned out fantastic. I also used some evaporated milk and whipping cream to give the ice cream a little more dimension. I like the richness of the whipping cream but I love the faint hint of the goat’s milk. Of course the fresh strawberries just added to this great combination.
I used canned goat’s milk for this recipe. The next time I make this I want to try the goat’s milk I can get in the milk section of grocery.
My veggie chopper is the perfect chopper for strawberries.
Perfect size pieces with only about 6-7 pulls of the cord.
Goat Milk Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 lb. carton of strawberries chopped small
- 1 c. sugar (or half sugar half Splenda
- 12 oz. can Goat's Milk chilled
- 5 oz. can evaporated milk chilled
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- Chop the strawberries fine and mix with the one cup sugar. Refrigerator several hours until they have become juicy and kind of mushy. Mix the strawberry/sugar mixture with the goat's milk, evaporated milk and whipping cream. Put into ice cream maker and freeze until firm. Put into freezer container and freeze for a couple hours in freezer before serving.
Crispy Buffalo Wings with Two Sauces – Rosemary and the GoatOctober 17, 2019 at 7:07 am
[…] BLAST FROM THE PAST: You may need something to cool you off after eating these wings, try my Strawberry Goat Milk Ice Cream. […]