Looking for a new salad dressing?
How is your summer going? Ours is going by pretty fast. Daughter/family home for visit for Memorial day weekend, then the next weekend son from Austin came with family/friends, then next weekend daughter back for class reunion, then next weekend picked up two of the grandsons from Austin and this weekend they will swing back through The Woodlands on their way back from beach trip. They have been my guinea pigs for the past few weeks with a few new recipes I’ve been wanting to try out on someone.
Summer is the perfect season for any kind of fresh, crisp, green or pasta salad and who isn’t looking for something healthy and light for lunch/dinner. Add some roasted or grilled chicken or seafood to this salad and you have a very light, not filling dinner.
I’m sure you will go (or have already been) to quite a few get-togethers this summer and if you are lucky enough to be asked to bring something (yes, lucky) then you can try out some of your new recipes. I say lucky because I love being able to take something new and exciting to a party
For my salad which was served with bbq chicken I used baby arugula, butter lettuce some avocado, shaved parmesan and fresh blackberries. I loved the nuttiest that this dressing gives to the salad.
Give this a try and if you do, let me know if you change up the fruits or other ingredients. (Add note to “comment” section which is at the bottom of the recipe.)
BLAST FROM THE PAST: I posted this Almond Slaw with Edamame last year but it is the perfect non-mayonnaise slaw for your summer bbq.
Pretty simple ingredients for a great salad dressing.
Roll up the basil leaves and cut into very thin strips.
Chop up some extra pistachio nuts for sprinkling over the salad greens.
Put the arugula and the butter lettuce in a bowl and add the sliced green onions.
After adding the salad dressing, add the blackberries, avocado and gently toss.
Add some shaved parmesan cheese and sprinkle with a few more pistachio nuts.
Basil Pistachio Salad Dressing
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp. roasted pistachio nuts extra for sprinkling on top of salad
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Salad:
- Butter lettuce
- Baby Arugula
- Fresh blackberries
- 4-5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2-4 Tbsp. roasted pistachios optional
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and shake to combine. Chill until ready to use.
- For the salad put the greens in a salad bowl and mix. add in the green onions, add enough salad dressing to barely coat greens.
- Add in the blackberries, avocado and parmesan and toss gently. Top with additional pistachio nuts. Serve immediately.