Healthy spiralized noodles.
I don’t know if spiralizers are as popular as the Instant Pot or Air Fryers but mine as been in my pantry a little too long without being used. So, if you have one and it’s been neglected, get it out and try this recipe.
This recipe can be made with or without the oil. It’s not that much oil if you decide to use it and won’t wreck your diet for sure.
Like I said, my spiralizer has been taking a vacation in my closet so I decided to search the internet for what’s new in the curly noodling culture. I came across this site that has the 19 most popular spiralized recipes. Six years ago I posted my Zucchini Pasta with Pine Nuts which is made with just enough whole wheat pasta (could use gluten free for sure) and mostly zucchini. The “real” pasta held up the zucchini pasta (wanna be) and gave it some body and prevented it from becoming limp. Now that I have the spiralizer, I’m going to use that for my zucchini instead of the julienne tool I used back then. The site I just mentioned has a zucchini and pasta recipe that looks really good; so mosey on over and take a look at his recipes. I definitely will be trying a few of them especially the Vegetarian Pad Thai recipe.
Use the spiralizer on the zucchini and the cucumber. Cut the noodles if they are too long.
Chop up the cilantro. I love this little tool; with four blades, it makes chopping quick and easy.
Put the noodles, pineapple, red onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Gently toss. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into noodles using spiralizer
- 2 large cucumbers cut into noodles using spiralizer
- 1 c. chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 c. pineapple, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, chopped (after measuring 1 cup)
- 1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic)
- 1/4 c. oliver oil
- 1/4 c. sugar (or Xylitol)
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cucumber, zucchini, red onion together. You may have to cut some of the noodles if you used a spiralizer because they will be really long. If you don't have a spiralizer use a julienne tool or a mandolin and cut on julienne setting.
- Add in the chopped pineapple and cilantro leaves and toss.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour enough on the salad to coat well.
- Chill for about 30 minutes then serve.
- If you are making this in advance, chill the salad and wait right before serving to add the dressing.
- This recipe started as one of Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism diet recipes but I added zucchini and changed the dressing up a big. If you are using this on a diet you can change the olive oil to same amount of water.