Avocado and Bacon, Yum!
I have made these little canapes many times for parties and they are always a hit. Even with the bacon they still have a great summery taste. I have cheated before and used guacamole but the presentation isn’t as nice. Hope you try these, I think the recipe is a “keeper”. — Sherry
Avocado and Bacon Canapes
Write a review
- 8 slices of smoked bacon
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 c. Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 24 slices of bread, white or wheat
- Mix the lemon juice and water and add the peeled and sliced avocado. Fry the bacon until crisp, chop and set aside. Mix the mayonnaise, butter, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Trim the crust from the bread and cut into shapes. Spread with the mayonnaise mixture, fan out two to three thin slices of avocado on top of the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with bacon.
Rosemary and the Goat https://rosemaryandthegoat.com/