I’m sorry, I’m prejudice, but these are the best cheesecake brownies I have ever put in my mouth!
I just got back from a trip to NYC with my husband and friends. We were celebrating our 40th and 25th wedding anniversaries and I really want to talk about everything we did and ate but I guess that will have to wait a few days until I catch up on things here.
I made these cheesecake brownies for a catering job I have this weekend. I have been making this recipe for at least 15 years and I feel like they are the best of the best brownies.
I have done them with the cheesecake topping, without the topping, with nuts only sprinkled on top, with nuts and chocolate chips sprinkled on top (my favorite way). And they still remain, one of my all-time favorite brownie recipes.
These are so truffle like you won’t believe it until you taste them. I have tried making the batter several ways. I have melted the butter and the chips together to add to the batter and I have also creamed the butter with the sugar and add to the batter. You need to try doing these both ways and find your favorite method. If you are like me, you will be standing with glass of milk, a potholder in hand and waiting for the oven timer to ring saying “eat me”.
Chocolate and butter. How good is this going to be all melted?
Put the cheesecake topping in pastry bag and pipe stripes onto top of brownie batter.
Take a toothpick or skewer and drag it through the stripes, first one direction and then the opposite direction.
These brownies have been on my catering menu for years and everyone loves them. I hope, if you like chocolate, you will fall in love with these too.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Melt the butter and the chocolate chips in the microwave. Cool slightly and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, salt and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate chips and the flour. Stir until well blended.
- Pour this mixture into a 9 x 13″ pan that you have sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Topping: Beat the cream cheese and the 1/2 cup sugar until well blended. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract, salt, and stir and scrape down bowl until it is creamy. Add tablespoonfuls of this mixture to the top of the chocolate batter. Using a knife, run it through the mixture until you have it marbleized on top.
- Bake in 350° for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbles attached to it.
Pour youself a tall glass of milk and sit back and enjoy!
April CavinSeptember 26, 2009 at 10:19 am
Love cream cheese brownies and yours look amazing!
LynnSeptember 27, 2009 at 5:57 am
Can hardly wait to hear about New York.
CattknapSeptember 27, 2009 at 6:08 am
Congrats on 40 years! My husband and I just celebrated our 32nd…lovely brownie recipe.
ButterYumMay 7, 2010 at 5:53 am
Hi Rosemary – I absolutely love the last shot! I have camera and lighting system envy – hope you have a blast with your new equipment!!
PS – My photos are all showing up for me – don’t know why you couldn’t see them.