https://therepairstore.ca/y58e6x7p In high school we had a favorite place to go for lunch, or I should say two places, one was Knox’s (great burgers, no longer there) and the other was the Round House. Yeah, the restaurant was/is round. My sister and I loved their “combination salad” which consisted of head lettuce, tomato, boiled egg with cottage cheese and covered with a French dressing that was so good I still make that salad for my husband and myself.
I haven’t met anyone that has ever eaten cottage cheese and boiled egg on a salad and it has to be head lettuce and I do buy a bottled French dressing and doctor it up a little with some paprika, lemon juice and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
https://sieterevueltas.net/zejvp7a I don’t know about you but I could eat salad every night as the main course and I have posted quit a few here that can stand on their own as a main dish; others could have some protein added to them and you have a filling dinner salad.
When my kids were younger and still at home, they wouldn’t touch a salad with a ten foot pole. I remember my husband paying one of our sons to eat some fruit. They grew out of that picky stage and enjoy cooking and eating all different types of foods and cuisines.
https://www.justoffbase.co.uk/uncategorized/umn5mwzu BLAST FROM THE PAST: I posted this Grilled Romaine Salad after seeing someone online grill some romaine. I would have never come up with that idea on my own I’m sure.
https://www.chat-quiberon.com/2024/01/18/p7k8e2tqida Caesar dressing ingredients.
https://serenityspaonline.com/1rbfv7c I split the chicken breast to make them thin so they would cook fast. I sprinkled with smoked paprika but you can use whatever spice you want.
Buy Roche Diazepam Uk These cooked really fast on a hot grill.
https://space1026.com/2024/01/4dasqq62v86 Mix all the dressing ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
Buy Carisoprodol Eu I had cooked the chicken earlier in the day so I put it in a skillet to warm up a bit.
https://sieterevueltas.net/ftcddejlij Peel and run the avocado under cold water then cut in medium size pieces.
https://gungrove.com/uvqd3zfplw Roll up the romaine lettuce and cut into 1/2″ strips.
https://www.justoffbase.co.uk/uncategorized/ubrha1m Toss the romaine with some of the caesar dressing and put on your plate/bowl, top with chicken and avocado.
- 2-3 boneless chicken breast or frozen grilled chicken strips
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1-2 avocado
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- bread croutons
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp.. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cut the romaine lettuce in half. Rinse and pat dry. Cut into 1" strips and put in salad bowl or on individual plates.
- Fry the bacon, and break into 1/2-1" pieces. Set aside until ready to put together the salad.
- To make the dressing: mix the garlic, anchovy paste and lemon juice, Dijon, worcersthire sauce. Add in the mayonnaise and olive, whisk until combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the 1/2 c. parmesan cheese.
- Put some of the dressing over the romaine and toss to coat. Add the chicken and bacon and toss again. Garnish with avocado and a little more bacon.
- Add some shaved parmesan and croutons to the bowl.
- If you want to try this caesar salad with "grilled romaine" -- When ready to make the salad, have your grill hot. Brush both sides of the romaine with olive oil. Put on top of hot grill and grill only long enough to get some good grill marks on both sides of the romaine halves. Remove from heat and coarsely chop the lettuce into 1" strips.