The perfect antipasto platter.
Antipasto — served before the pasta course in Italy and always works great for a party when you don’t know what anyone else is bringing.
This type of platter always seems to go over well. What’s not to like about some cheeses, olives, meats etc. I threw in some tortellini just because I’ve never put it on a platter before and it added a different taste and texture to the other marinated veggies.
I had bought some marinated olives from the olive bar for the 4th and I had some of those left and also used that marinate for some of the other items. If I’d had room, I would have rolled up some prosciutto slices and added to the mix.
Throw in some sliced baguettes or even some crispy breadsticks and watch this disappear. So, if you are looking for a quick appetizer to take someplace, give this a try. The list is endless of things you can add to the platter.
BLAST FROM THE PAST: Looking for a new cookie? Try my Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Cookie.
I drained the mozzarella and used that marinade for the tomatoes.
I used the marinade from the cheese and the olives for the tomatoes.
Cook the tortellini according to package directions. I sprinkled with some Italian herbs and drizzled with a little olive oil.
I marinated everything and put in ziplocks and filled the tray until time for the party.
Does that look beautiful. I put a few items on plates/bowls.
The Perfect Antipasto Platter
- stick of salami sliced thin
- 8 oz. pkg. feta cheese cut into cubes
- 8 oz. pkg. small buffalo mozzarella marinated
- 1 can marinaded artichokes drained
- olives of any type from olive bar or do your own
- 1 small pkg. tortellini cooked per direction
- carton cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- baguette sliced thin
- I used the marinade from the mozzarella and the olives for the tomatoes and pasta. If you buy things unmarinated you can make your own or use some bottled Italian dressing.
- Marinate everything and leave separate until putting together the platter. If you use the tortellini cook per directions and add some oil and some Italian spices.
- When ready to serve arrange everything on a platter and add the bread along side the platter.