Chocolate and peanut butter, what more to say.
So you have match ups like Tom & Jerry (if you are old enough), Batman and Robin, Macaroni & Cheese, Micky and Minny, Romeo and Juliet, Bacon & Eggs; need I go any further before adding peanut butter and chocolate.
I’ve never been a peanut butter and jelly person (don’t think I have ever eaten it); but I can’t imagine peanut butter in a sentence without adding chocolate along with the description of a yummy, sweet, chocolatey, peanut buttery dessert.
This dessert was taken to my craft circle (again) but then I remade the dessert when we had friends visiting from South Carolina this weekend. In fact, they are still here trying to see if they are going to be able to get their flight out since hurricane Florence is headed towards their state.
Well, if they don’t get out today this dessert may get finished off and not have to be given away or tossed or worse my husband have to finish it off. If you like peanut butter and chocolate, then give this a try.
BLAST FROM THE PAST: My all time favorite peanut butter chocolate dessert is my Peanut Butter Shadow cookie. It’s had over 29,172 views and I always wonder how many people have tried them.
Hard not to tear into these before making this tart.
Pour the melted butter into the Oreo crumbs and mix well.
Don’t know why this doesn’t show up black but anyway, press the crumbs into the tart pan (with removable bottom) and I used a small cup to press the crumbs.
Mix the cream cheese, peanut butter and the melted pb chips in a food processor until creamy. I added 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. You could add less if you don’t want as sweet.
Heat the cream and add the chocolate chips; let stand a few minutes then stir until smooth and glossy.
Ready for a piece?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- 24 oreo cookies
- 4 Tbs. melted mutter
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 c. peanut butter chips melted
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- pinch of kosher salt 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2-2 c. mini Reeses butter cups quartered
- 1/2 c. cream
- salted peanuts
- Melt the butter and add to the cookie crumbs. Mix until well combined. Press this mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9” tart pan with a removable bottom, set aside. Bake crust in 375 oven for 10minutes, remove and cool on rack.
- To make the peanut butter filling beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the vanilla and the melted peanut butter chips. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into baked/cooled crust and refrigerate uncovered for about an hour.
- For the topping, heat the cream to a simmer, turn off heat and add the chocolate chips and let stand without stirring for about 5 minutes. Then stir until all the chocolate has melted. Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling and top with the Reeces Buttercup pieces and a few salted peanuts. Chill for 2-3 hours more.
- When ready to serve, remove the rim from the pan. Use a sharp “warm” knife to cut tart into wedges.