Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- Egg mixture:
- 3 egg beaten
- 1/2 c. flour
- Breading mixture
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Slap Your Mama seasoning or Old Bay
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves or shredded lettuce to line dish
- Oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow pan and set this aside.
- In another bowl, combine the 1/4 cup flour, cornstarch, panko, salt pepper, onion, garlic powder and Slap Your Mama.
- To bread the shrimp first dredge in 1/2 cup flour. Shake off excess flour. Next dip the shrimp 5 or 6 at a time into the beaten eggs then put in bowl with the breading mixture and toss to make sure they are coated well. Arrange the breaded shrimp on a plate and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or cook immediately.
- Heat the oil to 350. Use about 1-2" of oil in your pan. When oil is hot fry shrimp 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Drain on rack or paper towels. When you have fried all the shrimp put them in a large bowl that contains the sauce mixture and toss the shrimp until coated. Sprinkle in the green onions and put in dish and serve.
DO NOT USE honey — Ok, the story about this honey is I was fussing at my husband one day about him using so much honey for his cereal (sometimes 3 times a day) and when I need it to make a salad dressing or some other “real” food, there’s no honey. So he goes out and buys two huge bottles of honey and writes “do not use” on the bottle”. SORRY GA, I had no honey to call my own and had to use his honey for the Bang Bang Shrimp.