A quick and easy dessert.
I’m a couple of days late for a Cinco de Mayo dessert but what the heck, this will be good any time of the year.
Chocolate and bananas are made for each other, a match made in heaven; and chocolate, bananas, topped with cinnamon sugar tortillas, grilled and served with ice cream is a combination you do not want to miss.
Ya know, there is so much you can do with a flour tortilla; make chips is the first thing that comes to mind, roll up some fillings or lunch-meat for a quick sandwich; and have you ever tried cutting them up into strips and dropping them in a pot of boiling chicken broth to make chicken and dumplings. The dumplings are delicious by the way and you would never guess they were made from flour tortillas.
These quesadillas are getting spread with Nutella first, then a bananas sliced thinly over the chocolate, and then the tortillas are brushed with butter, grilled and at the end they are sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. You can top these with whipped cream, or ice cream and drizzle a little melted Nutella over and a sprinkle of nuts if you desire a crunch to your quesadilla dessert.
Hope you like these. Please leave a comment below in the comment section if you do; would love to hear from you.
BLAST FROM THE PAST: This Garden Vegetable Terrine use to be one of my favorite catered appetizer. You would think it sounds terrible and that men wouldn’t like it but they DO and the sweet/hot taste is soooo good. Hope if you haven’t tried it you will soon.
Spread one flour tortilla with some of the Nutella within about 3/4″ of edge.
Top with sliced banana
Top with second tortilla and brush top with melted butter.
Brown in a skillet on one side, flip, sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar on top, brown bottom, then flip again quickly to melt the sugar.
Cut in wedges and top with either ice cream or whipped cream.
Chocolate Banana Quesadillas
- Flour tortillas any size
- 1/2-1 c. Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2-3 bananas sliced thin
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbsp. butter melted
- ice cream optional garnish
- whipped cream optional garnish
- melted Nutella optional garnish
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Spread one flour tortilla with some of the Nutella. Top with sliced bananas. Then put a second tortilla on top like a sandwich. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the butter. Repeat with more tortillas, doing about one "sandwich" per person.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle to medium high heat. Put each tortilla "sandwich" in the skillet and start to brown on each side. When they are almost brown, sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar on each side and heat just long enough to melt the sugar.
- Move to cutting board and cut into four wedges. Top with ice cream or whipped cream and a drizzle of some melted Nutella if desired.