Pasta with a creamy lemon sauce — Rich, creamy and lemony.
I love pasta, I love lemon and I love anything with shrimp in it. So, this recipe was a match made in heaven.
We watch a lot of food shows in this house. My husband is even into all the competitive ones. And, even he is getting ideas of different things to try out on his grill. I leave the grilling to him because I can’t improve on perfection. 🙂
I was watching Paula Deen one day and and she was making this recipe with lemon pasta and sour cream. I know all of her recipes are loaded with butter, cream and everything good (or not good for you) but for some reason I perked up and started paying attention to her show. I made a few changes; blue cheese for the Parmesan cheese, and I added some sauteed shrimp to the finished dish. Thank you Paula for inspiring my version of your recipe. I loved the blue cheese in the sauce.
I found those cute little noodles at our local market. They look like miniature lasagne noodles.
If you don’t have a microplane zester, you need one. I like to use mine upside down so I can keep an eye on how much zest I am getting.
About 5-6 minutes sauteeing and the shrimp are ready.
Stir everything into the sauce, add the shrimp, toss with pasta and you are ready to serve.
- 8 oz. pkg. pasta
- 1/4 c. minced onion or shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 8 oz. carton sour cream
- 2-3 Tbsp. blue cheese
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and devined
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 3/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning + extra for shrimp
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 whole lemon, zested
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Sprinkle shrimp with lemon pepper (not the 1 3/4 tsp. that goes in the sauce). Saute quickly in a little olive oil until they have turned pink. Set aside.
- In skillet, cook onion or shallots and garlic in butter, stirring constantly until tender, not brown. Stir in the sour cream, 2-3 tablespoons blue cheese, milk, lemon pepper, salt, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over pasta. Toss gently, add chopped parsley, chives and top with the cooked shrimp. Serve warm.