Sometimes I double the recipe and put it in a dish like above. No turning out, just garnish and serve. I’ve also cut it in squares to serve at a lady’s luncheon and even molded it in my individual tiny martini glasses.
The above mold was made in a heart shaped cake pan. Just line your dish with plastic wrap all the way up the sides. After you refrigerate the mold and it has set up and you are ready to plate, just peel back the plastic wrap, top with a tray/plate and flip over. Then peel off the plastic wrap and you have a beautiful mold ready to garnish with herbs and crackers.
Garden Vegetable Terrine
- 1 can chopped Rotel Tomatoes
- 1- 3 oz. pkg. Lemon Jello
- 1 – 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. milk
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 c. onion chopped fine
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- Herbs to garnish
- Put the Rotel tomatoes, cream cheese, lemon Jello and milk in saucepan and heat until the cream cheese has melted into small pieces. Stir and mash the cream cheese so you don’t have large chunks. Cool for about 5 minutes and add all your chopped veggies, nuts, and Miracle Whip. Line a pie plate or any other container with plastic wrap. Make sure you have it all the way up the sides (this will prevent the terrine from sticking to dish and allows for getting it plated easily). Refrigerate overnight. To unmold, pull back the plastic wrap that you have covered the dish with. Invert a plate or platter over the pie plate. Flip the dish and mold over. Remove the pie plate and peel off the plastic wrap. Garnish with herbs and serve with crackers.