What could be better than white chocolate and raspberry?
These little bars are so wonderful. My daughter gave me this recipe a few years ago. They freeze beautifully. Just remember to cut them in very small pieces because they are so rich.
When I catered, I used this recipe often for parties because the bars could be cut in 1″ squares and be just the right size for a bite of sweet at the end of a cocktail party.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups vanilla chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Raspberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove and add 2 cups of the vanilla chips. Let stand. Do not stir.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed, until lemon colored. Stir in vanilla chip mixture. Add flour, salt and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups of chips into remaining batter and set aside.
- Melt raspberry jam in a saucepan and spread evenly over cooked batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over fruit. sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely and cut into 1 x 1 squares.